In the recent times, ecommerce has rapidly gained traction and has become the most reliable and feasible means of purchasing products. Many companies have started tasting success with ecommerce. With online shopping gaining momentum, in the next three years, every retailer would need to develop an online store with ecommerce website to survive in a highly competitive market. And, there is a lot of scope for digital-only entrepreneurs too.
If you are planning to develop an ecommerce website to cater to the wide range of buyers, here’s a list of few best open source content management systems that can help you fulfill your ecommerce CMS development needs with reduced programming efforts.
1. Magento: It is a popular open source CMS to build ecommerce and shopping cart websites. It offers unprecedented levels of flexibility and controls for developing ecommerce stores with excellent add-ons and extensions. With modular architecture and a great user interface, it lets you develop multiple ecommerce websites and integrate payment gateways with ease.
2. nopCommerce: One of the best things about nopCommerce is its Model Video Controller (MVC) architecture. It is a well-defined architecture allows developers to easily enhance, upgrade or scale your store. With features like multi-vendor and multi-store, nopCommerce provides full support for mobile. For building quality retail stores that are supported by free (and paid) plug-ins, modules and themes, this is one of the most reliable CMS.
3. PrestaShop: PrestaShop is a free, open source content management system for building feature-rich ecommerce websites with tools for managing your online business in real time. It facilitates integrating PayPal and Bank accounts to directly transfer funds, along with a facility to easily create discounts, gift vouchers, tag products and much more. PrestaShop offers a sleek interface with a WYSIWYG editing tool to easily manage product descriptions, images and product pricing on the website.
4. Drupal Commerce: Drupal is a powerful content management system built in PHP. It lets you create your online store with rich features and flexible architecture. Drupal is also considered to provide quality social commerce facilities, which is why it has gained a big name in open source platforms.
5. OsCommerce: OsCommerce is a free ecommerce content management system with multilingual and search engine friendly architecture. It offers several innovative out-of-the-box functionalities with 7000+ add-ons to help you set up, run and maintain your online store effectively, with minimum efforts.
6. X-Cart: X-Cart is a fully integrated and full-featured shopping cart development platform. It offers a responsive design with Facebook app store, customizable engine, SEO friendly architecture and other advanced features that gives an extra edge to your online store.
7. Zen Cart: It is an artistic e-Commerce development platform that allows developers and programmers to develop ecommerce websites with unique features and designs. Zen Cart offers customer management features with customizable templates that can be localized in terms of currency, tax regulations and languages. The best feature of ZenCart is that it offers the developers ability to build third party modules that can be full integrated with your ZenCart module. It has a ready, user-friendly navigation and great plug-ins that take your online store to the next level.
8. OpenCart: OpenCart is another great CMS for developing ecommerce and shopping cart websites. It provides easy options to customize and tweak the websites to best fit your specific business needs. From attractive interface to search engine friendly platform, OpenCart features everything you expect from a good CMS. It is an ideal CMS for small to mid-sized retailers, offering integrations with 20+ payment gateways and 8+ shipping methods.
All the above listed ecommerce CMS are worth considering if you want to build an ecommerce store without a massive outlay of resources. Apart from offering all basic features, they are unique in nature, helping you build the right online presence according to your business needs.
Are you thinking of exploring any of these ecommerce content management systems for developing your online store? We would love to lend you a helping hand. Get in touch with us and get advice from our CMS experts.
An email with the relevant details is on its way to your inbox.
Our motto ‘IT is About You’ is more than just a tag line – it is the very heart of Cygnet. We always ensure the continued success of our clients and employees by placing problem solving ahead of anything else and walking the extra mile when needed.