Implemented a centralized content management and
collaboration solution using Microsoft SharePoint Server
2007 that offers location wise websites for localized
- Project Duration
- Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007,
Source Safe, SQL Server 2005
- Media and Entertainment
- 5 months
Client a leading media broadcaster wanted a unified, global yet
local system that could improve information systems, resource
sharing and collaboration among employees. The client wanted the
information to flow smoothly among its locations worldwide, at
present the client had multiple systems that had grown organically
The key requirements were:
- Information Sharing over a secure platform
- Custom news story publishing page.
- User, Company, Office management
- Custom Branding for consistent look and feel
- Real time video streaming
- Employee search for locating user by country, company, office,
- Active directory Integration for groups
The client approached Cygnet Infotech to help them choose and
implement an easy to manage content management system that
modernizes the way the information is shared among the
The Cygnet Infotech team provided a SharePoint solution that
provides the ability to compile and coordinate. The site provides
Active Directory based authentication.
In additionally the solution provides Staff directory search for
locating user by country, company, office, departments across the
The end result is a collaborative environment that aids as a
single platform for providing Collaboration and information sharing
based on Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007.
The key features offered by the system
- Centralized content management and collaboration solution that
offers location wise websites for localized information
- Easy content management interface that easily allows content
writers to generate and post web content using the new
- The site allows the users to post country specific news and
employee benefit schemes and competitions valid for employees
belonging to a specific location.
- The system implements version control and content is posted
real time so that employees are instantly aware of breaking news at
the company or the latest event occurring in the organization.
- The site provides real time video streaming
- The text editor directly publishes locations localized content
directly into the intranet front page without requiring manual
- The site automatically detects the user location and redirects
the user to the country specific location website where they can
view both the local news as well as news related to other locations
- Intuitive search facility allows the employees to search for
their colleagues use this collaboration and networking tool for
working together more effectively thus promoting innovative
- The employees can add their comments to the articles thus
initiating communications that engage more of the employees.
- System allows the users to define security rights to SharePoint
sites, libraries. Right assignment varies from single user, groups
and Permissions levels range from read-only to full control.
- Enhanced Collaboration allowing dispersed employees
- Automatic archival of content
- Exhaustive Search for quicker results.
- Active Directory implementation lead to simplified IT
management and less time spent on managing security and user
- Minimal training due to SharePoint's familiar Microsoft Office
- The centralized content management system facilitates faster
content publishing and modernizes the ways that employee's use and