Developed a solution using
.NET framework, integrated well with other CAD/CAM software,
generated GCode instructions for CNC machines and minimized wastage
in cutting metal. The program facilitates drawing shapes, importing
new shapes to the library and optimizes cutting to reduce wastage.
The system generated GCode for CNC machines with minimal
- Project Duration
- .Net 2.0, C#, MS Access
- 2 Years
The client required a cost
effective and solution that was less complex as compared to its
counter parts. The key driving factors were
- Need for a software that would
optimize cutting to minimize wastage.
- The application should allow
facility to import shapes from other software's.
- Also, the application should be
able to generate instructions/steps for cutting devices (CNC
machines) In GCode format.
The client collaborated with Cygnet
InfoTech to deliver the solution that was structured in two parts
The CAD part manages the
functionalities related to shapes and allowed drawing many types of
2D shapes like: Line, Oval, Rectangle, Arc etc. The tools also
allowed to export and Import Shapes and modify existing shapes.
CAM implemented the nesting
algorithms (automatic and manual nesting) to define Jobs with the
Machine, Stock and Shape Information. The system generated the
GCode for CNC Machines and set the Cutting Sequence and Cutting
Cycle and also kept a tab on average cutting time.
- The system is a one-stop solution for the customers to make 2D
shapes and nest the same
- This system helps in exporting and import the shapes prepared
using other software.
- It provides simple and effective ways to manage shapes and Jobs
- Performs Automatic Nesting
- Uses an effective and comprehensive nesting algorithm