Software or system requirements
specification is a comprehensive collection of information that
substantiates the environment and purpose of a software or system.
Requirement specifications tell us what software is supposed to do
and how can it be expected to perform.
The first important step when
working on a software or system project is the identification and
documentation of the requirements of a customer. A software project
can become inefficient even before its development if its
requirement specifications contain omissions, ambiguities,
incorrect facts and inconsistencies.
Using SRS makes it convenient for
developers to attain the desired goal as it requires less time and
effort. It also involves lower development cost.
The various types of requirements
- Functional: It is a comprehensive sub-set of
the entire system requirement. It is used for considering system
behavior, trade-offs, redundancy and human factors.
- Interface: It is usually handled separately
with software requirements being derived separately by
- Performance: It must have a quantitative value
and not a perceptive one. It is stated in measurable values in
terms of levels, speeds, rate and frequency.
- Resource: It exposes the constraints regarding
design to the system hardware utilization.
- Operational: It provides a specification with
an "in the field" view.
- Acceptance testing: It involves the various
types of tests that are to be done before customer acceptance.
- Verification: It involves the details about
customer acceptance that are to be conducted after a project is
completed. It specifies how performance and functional requirements
are to be verified.
- Documentation: It determines what documents
are to be delivered to a client.
- Safety: It includes human, data as well as
- Quality: It specifies all international as
well as local standards that are to be followed.
- Maintainability: It takes care of the long
term lift of a certain system.
- Reliability: Software needs to meet this
requirement in order to perform certain functions under specific
conditions for a certain span of time.
Our requirement services
- Planning projects
- Analysis of requirements
- Developing prototypes
- Mentoring requirement engineers
- Eliciting requirements
- Developing software requirement specifications
- Assessing and reviewing specifications
- Training in specification, elicitation, planning and
specifications are able to define the interaction of an application
with a hardware system, human users and other programs in a variety
of real-life circumstances. It also assesses parameters like
response time, operating speed, portability, availability,
footprint, maintainability, recovery speed and protection from