Provided biz talk solution to integrate legacy systems
(mainframe and mid-range) and line-of-business applications (SAP,
Siebel, PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc)
- Project Duration
- BizTalk 2006 - R2, MS SQL Server 2005, Enterprise Service Bus
2007, Enterprise Library 3.1Net 3.5 Compact Framework, SQL Server
- 1 year
The client, a title insurance
& financial services company, had multiple applications that
ran on multiple systems with different technologies. With the
expansion the company, it was required to develop various
applications which could efficiently manage the data. Later on to
improve efficiency of the company a need arose to integrate all the
systems, situated at various locations, for better communication
and better management of data flow.
Cygnet InfoTech proposed a Biz talk
implementation that would help to all the systems working in the
company at same or different locations. The solution provided
- Information exchange and collaboration in-between the
- Implementation of robust exception handling using Enterprise
Service Bus (ESB)
- Caching & logging using Enterprise Libraries
- Usage of the business rules engine.
- Exposed Orchestration as web services as well as consumed web
services in orchestrations.
- Health Activity Monitoring(HAT) implementation
- Developed Custom and Advanced Functoid. Some of the functoids
implemented by our team comprise of String, Cumulative,
Mathematical, Logical and advance functoids such as Scripting,
Record count, And Looping etc.
- Use of maps in orchestrations as well as in pipelines.
- Implementation of complex schemas We have implemented various
schema types such as Plain, Flat File and Property schemas as well.
Creation of Maps using Schemas, Multipart Schemas,
- Integration between different application Change management -
maintenance, updates & troubleshooting (debugging,
configuration, and more)
- Usage of New BT adapter's such as MSMQ, SQL, FILE, WCF,
- Failed Message Routing
- Enhanced Message Recovery Capabilities
- Large Message Transformation
- Building & Managing Orchestrations. Some artifacts that
have been used in orchestrations are Receive, Send, Transform,
Construct, Message Assignment, Call Child Orchestration, Call
(Business) Rule, Expression, Scope, Transaction, Web Port, Filter
Expression, Parallel Actions etc.
- Multipart Messages and Web part messages
- Creating new or utilizing built in pipelines.
- Creating Custom Pipeline components
- Calling .Net assembly from Orchestration and Map.
The implementation of BizTalk server led to multiple
- The old applications would work in
collaboration overruling the need for a new application.
- Cost & Time benefit since the
company did not have to invest in building a new application.
- Since the old systems were used
hence the company did not need to invest in additional
- No fear of data loss.
- Centralized & Accurate
- Easy & Centralized
- Monitoring and tracking of
processes and functions