Delivering 24/7 Access to Healthcare Information and Services with a Bilingual Collaboration Portal
Cygnet team developed an integrated and collaborative healthcare portal for the National Health Authority of a Middle East country that provides 24/7 access to public health services and improves quality of life of the residents by bringing common public and healthcare professionals together.
Customer Size: Large Organization
Solution: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
The client is a National Healthcare Authority operating in one of the Middle East countries since 2007 with an aim to accessible, effective and integrated healthcare system, protect public health and improve the quality of life within the country.
With an aim to ensure access to health services, maintain and improve the health status of nationals, residents and visitors, the national health authority of a Middle East country wanted to develop a collaborative public healthcare information system that can be accessed by general public, healthcare professionals, students, investors and healthcare facility operators.
Since Cygnet had expertise in content management domain and experience of working with healthcare enterprises, the client appointed Cygnet to develop the portal with following key capabilities:
- A bi-lingual platform (English and Arabic) for collaboration and information sharing among local healthcare professionals, institutes and general public
- Easy-to-set-up sub sites on CMS to manage the wide variety of healthcare services and listings
- A centralized repository for storing all the information about hospitals, treatments, medicines and patient data
- Facility to purchase health related items and equipments
- A hassle-free environment for its users to access facilities like License Renewal, Online Payments etc.
- All this led to increased need of human intervention in the process, which in turn drove up the cost of customer acquisition.
After a detailed analysis of the client requirements, Cygnet team executed the project of developing the said solution with the required features, by implementing the following steps:
- Developed a centralized collaboration platform on Microsoft SharePoint for public and employees to access healthcare related information such as hospitals, news, services, jobs, events, and many more.
- Customized the back-end to create multiple sub-sites with CMS for storing, updating and maintaining hospital information, employee information, information about new jobs and other information about healthcare facilities within the vicinity of the users.
- Developed a shopping cart and integrated it with the portal along with a payment gateway to help the residents and general public to browse and purchase items listed on the site
- Integrated English and Arabic languages with the CMS to enable users to access the information, publish articles, post jobs, etc. in the language of their choice
- Integrated Google map to help users locate healthcare facilities easily and efficiently.
- Implemented enterprise search facility on the portal to search for recent events, health tips, videos and other content on the site
- Easy and convenient access to healthcare services, news and events
- 24/7 availability of information related to hospitals, facilities, treatments and doctors
- Enhanced collaboration among professionals, facility operators, patients and general public
- Improved quality of life of common public