Designed a Learning Management System which is intuitive and
innovatively interactive and is complemented by various web-based
tools including an Online Notebook, Industry Newsfeed and a
The need was to build a LMS/LCMS
for delivering spine-surgery technology program online.
The key drivers comprised
- A tool for publishers to be able
to update & publish new content and maintain versions.
- Use audio, video, articles,
animations to publish content.
- Provide UI and E-learning
experience as close as possible to regular learning.
- Provide a collaboration platform
for surgeons, equipment companies and publishers.
- Provide a platform for industry to
upgrade technology know how of surgeons.
- Provide a source for earning
points towards continuous education with evaluation process/
- To be able to run on all popular
browsers, Mac, PC and mobile devices.
The client collaborated with Cygnet
Infotech to deliver Rich web based LMS/ LCMS application on
software as service model. The System was designed to ensure that
the CME Courses followed the format and norms as acknowledged in
the medical field.
- Cygnet Infotech provided very simple and easy template
driven tool to upload and publish the content using single
- The publishing tool facilitated insertion of audio,
images, videos and animations in the content wherever
necessary. Latest FDA-approved surgical techniques were also
imbedded into the content. System provided version control and the
functionality to define the templates for the CME
- Online notebook facility that would allow
users to clip content (text, audios, videos etc) and add personal
notes ensuring that the learners are both visually and mentally
engaged and gain a learning experience as close as regular
- Knowledge Check Management to attach
evaluation sections with the Topic and Products/Surgical techniques
as necessary. The system also provided a tracking and reporting
tool to keep tabs on the knowledge checks attempted by the
learners. The reward points system allowed access to next
- The system incorporated Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Courses and Certifications into the IEP and facilitated the medical
professionals to be informed and up-to-date.
- Students could participate in Surveys to send feedback
regarding content credibility etc.
- YAF Forum to provide a collaboration platform to exchange views
- Website was designed keeping in mind the 'web standards' and
taking care of certain technical aspects which makes the site
compatible with different Browsers and platforms. Example: Cute
Editor was used for content building as it was compatible with the
most important browsers available in the market: IE 5.5+, Firefox
1.0+, Mozilla 1.3+, Opera 9.0+, Netscape 7+ and Safari (1.3+). This
includes Macintosh and Linux.
- Instructive educational program with easy content management
along with the functionality to incorporate the latest advancements
in the medical industry.
- CME Certification Program using the pre-existing content.
- IEP Distribution to the "Clients" by as their specific needs
- A LMS that matched regular learning with facility of anytime,
anywhere access to professionals.