Online Learning Management System for Spine Surgeons
Cygnet developed a rich web-based Learning Management System (LMS/LCMS) application software for delivering spine-surgery technology program online which is intuitive and innovatively interactive and is complemented by various web-based tools including an Online Notebook, Industry Newsfeed and a Forum.
The basic requirement of the project was to build a LMS/LCMS for delivering spine-surgery technology program online for USA-based healthcare service provider
The key requirements were:
- A tool for publishers to be able to update & publish new content and maintain versions.
- Use audio, video, articles, animations to publish content.
- Provide UI and E-learning experience as close as possible to regular learning.
- Provide a collaboration platform for surgeons, equipment companies and publishers.
- Provide a platform for industry to upgrade technology know how of surgeons.
- Provide a source for earning points towards continuous education with evaluation process/ certification.
- To be able to run on all popular browsers, Mac, PC and mobile devices.
The client collaborated with Cygnet Infotech to deliver Rich web based LMS/ LCMS application on software as service model. The System was designed to ensure that the CME Courses followed the format and norms as acknowledged in the medical field.
- Cygnet Infotech provided very simple and easy template driven tool to upload and publish the content using single click functionality.
- The publishing tool facilitated insertion of audio, images, videos and animations in the content wherever necessary. Latest FDA-approved surgical techniques were also imbedded into the content. System provided version control and the functionality to define the templates for the CME Certification.
- Online notebook facility that would allow users to clip content (text, audios, videos etc) and add personal notes ensuring that the learners are both visually and mentally engaged and gain a learning experience as close as regular learning.
- Knowledge Check Management to attach evaluation sections with the Topic and Products/Surgical techniques as necessary. The system also provided a tracking and reporting tool to keep tabs on the knowledge checks attempted by the learners. The reward points system allowed access to next levels.
- The system incorporated Continuing Medical Education (CME) Courses and Certifications into the IEP and facilitated the medical professionals to be informed and up-to-date.
- Students could participate in Surveys to send feedback regarding content credibility etc.
- YAF Forum to provide a collaboration platform to exchange views and ideas.
- Website was designed keeping in mind the 'web standards' and taking care of certain technical aspects which makes the site compatible with different Browsers and platforms. Example: Cute Editor was used for content building as it was compatible with the most important browsers available in the market: IE 5.5+, Firefox 1.0+, Mozilla 1.3+, Opera 9.0+, Netscape 7+ and Safari (1.3+). This includes Macintosh and Linux.
- Instructive educational program with easy content management along with the functionality to incorporate the latest advancements in the medical industry.
- CME Certification Program using the pre-existing content.
- IEP Distribution to the "Clients" by as their specific needs and expectation.
- A LMS that matched regular learning with facility of anytime, anywhere access to professionals.