Increased Online Jewelry Store Sales By 67% Through End-To-End Ecommerce Solutions
Our client is a prominent jewelry manufacturer from Canada, renowned for original and striking jewelry designs. When the client’s online store didn’t do as well as expected, they researched to find out what was missing. This revealed that online customers wanted more flexibility and customization in design. Aware of our prior experience in jewelry retail ecommerce, the client commissioned Cygnet to develop a tool that would enable visitors to design their own jewelry online.
Customer Size: Medium
Domain: Fashion & Apparel
Leading Canada based jewelry designer and manufacturer, operating since more than 200 years. Well known for crafting premium wedding bands and diamond engagement rings.
While selecting rings, the clients required to see various options that may be available. Certain of their clients were happy with the existing designs that were showcased, however, some of them had needs to customize the engagement rings and it was difficult for the company to show the customized options to its clients.
The primary challenge was to conceptualize and design a software tool that could offer jewelry design previews and prices by combining several parameters:
- Connecting different parts (metals, stones, other parts)
- Calculating crafting cost by fetching the latest labor charges
- Calculating material cost by using latest market prices for metals (Gold, Platinum, and Palladium), diamonds and gem stones
We were aware that while the tool would enable users to create customized jewelry, it would win us only half the battle. In order to maximize its benefits, we had to:
- Integrate the tool with admin and shipping modules and automate most part of the ordering and shipping process.
- Revamp the website design UI and UX for quicker and sleeker shopping
- Implement and quick checkout and visible secure payment options
- Implementing the novel concept of creating custom jewelry design attracted more clients, eventually boosting online sales by 67%. Loyalty programs via automated email reminders helped reduce cart abandonment by 38%, while automating Order Management and integration with FedEx Shipping reduced admin workload.
- Built from scratch an engaging tool to help shoppers design custom jewelry
- Intuitive slider that allows customers to tailor and design jewelry. Ajax-driven search ensures that the customer easily finds a diamond of his choice
- Fully Automated Metal Price Formula Calculator (for Platinum, Palladium, 24 Karat Gold,18 Karat Gold,14 Karat Gold). It makes the calculations on the basis of latest marketprice.
- Streamlined and automated admin processes by developing order management module
- Integrated order management module with FedEx shipping for order processing; developed windows-based application to print jewelry tag along with FedEx shipping label
- Set up automated email programs reminding customers to resume shopping through abandoned carts Redesigned ecommerce portal to provide easy access to customer and admin information Implemented customer loyalty and friend referral programs to bolster customer
- Convenient and attractive UI that provides ease of navigation
- Implemented intelligent customer loyalty management program and referral programs
- Quick and easy access to features like quick check out, invoicing, order tracking,shipping management,
- Set up functionality for visitors to register for news feed, product updates, new product ideas, latest discount, special offers etc
Our three-pronged approach, based on making custom design enjoyable, improving overall customer interaction with the brand, and automating sales, ordering and shipping processes helped the client:
- Boost online sales by 67% within one year
- Save over 750 man-hours every month by reducing time investment in admin processes by automating order management and integrating with FedEx shipping
- Reduce cart abandonment losses by 38% through customer loyalty programs, automated email reminders and special discounts