E-Commerce Shopping Tool developed in .Net for a Canada-based Jeweller
Designed an eCommerce tool to provide unique shopping experience to online jewelry buyers.
This tool provides a new ecommerce experience for high end jewelry shoppers and adds sales volumes for the jewelry manufacturers.
A welcome diversion from the regular shopping cart model, the tool is designed to provide a unique shopping experience to an internet jewelry buyer. The user interface is designed for convenience, it is easy for users to design jewelry and look for parts they want to use, preview the design, calculate costs and place orders.
For the site administrator, it has all eCommerce functionality for product management such as adding parts, products, catalogue creation, deciding the selection parameters such as Carat, color, clarity etc. promotion management, check-out, invoicing, order tracking and shipping management. It also has a loyalty management program.
The Client a jewelry manufacturer specializing in stone jewelry saw a business opportunity in regular customer requests for design flexibility. His clients aspired to have this design but stones of that design with an option metal other than what the design actually had. He happily serviced such requests but the challenge in servicing these requests was that there was no preview of the final delivery available to the client. He realized that if can offer a digital preview he could add significantly to the sales volume, have satisfied clients. Benefit of clients satisfaction on possession of signature jewelry that they designed for themselves cannot be measured in monetary terms.
The customer brief to us was to design a software tool that can build jewelry previews by connecting parts and calculate price (fetching the latest labor charges, diamond & gemstone per carat charges, labors charges; latest market prices of metals (gold, Platinum, Palladium to calculate final price) of the jewelry item and allow them to even purchase online. Additionally the tool should support item templates and design reusability.
He wanted his customers to indulge in stone jewelry like never before, explore new settings, unique designs, preview, get estimates, place orders and flaunt their signature jewelry in their social circles. With this system he planned to remove the disappointment if any his customers faced by their limited visualization.
On the technology front, Cygnet's choose Microsoft .Net to design the tool for its readily available technology support, rapid application development (RAD), ease of maintenance and enhancement and its capability to handle rich user interface.
Some of the key features implemented in the tool were:
- Extremely intuitive Diamond Slider that allows the customers to customize and design jewelry. The Ajax Driven Diamond Search ensures that the customer finds a diamond of his choice.
- Fully Automated Metal Price Formula Calculator was built this Metal (Platinum, Palladium, 24Karat Gold, 18Karat Gold, 14Karat Gold) Price Formula Calculator calculates the price as per latest metal price.
- Customers to custom design their jewelry items. Customer will be able to submit their ideas & description of design along with the sketch JPEG.
- Admin users will interpret the design to system acceptable template using the custom design concept info provided by the customer.
- A convenient UI that enhances the product display at the same time providing ease of navigation
- A customer dashboard where customers can change their account information, view and save designs and wish list
- A lookout for pages where customers can view Products on sale, new product ideas, latest promotions
- Visitors can register for news feed, product updates, special offers etc.
- Admin module for easy Back office management.
- Complete Order Management starting from sales invoicing, merchant banking, ordering from manufacturer to shipping
- Shipping integration with FedEx
- Novel concept of signature jewelry
- Client can offer design previews
- Increased design visualization and concepts
Fashion & Apparel