Kickstart Your Digital Transformation with Digital Experience Platform
Consumers’ appetite for digital “experiences” is increasing with technological advancement. The explosion of digital touchpoints, particularly smartphones, smart devices, websites, and social media have raised the bar of their expectations.
Their pressing demand for personal, smart, contextual, and natively digital experience is suffocating those businesses who are trying to keep up with state-of-the-art developments.
Faced with these enormous pressures, legacy CMSs, and Web Experience Management systems (WEM) – a cross-channel solution for content and data; no longer serve the need of ambitious brands, marketers and even content authors who are looking for an omnichannel experience.
While, in a world where legacy technology is not going away; market-leading capability and a solid integration strategy matter more than ever. This realization gave rise to the Digital Experience Platform (DXP).
Today, more CIOs Chief Digital Officers (CDOs), Technical Directors are thinking to deploy a new technical architecture -- the Digital Experience Platform across their organization.
DXP– Beyond the Siloed Nature of CMS
Interconnecting backend systems and making data digestible for frontend systems is crucial to feed consumer demands.
DXP is a comprehensive suite of solutions offering multi-channel marketing services to deliver a seamless, content-rich, and personalized digital experience, encompassing all digital touchpoints.
Historically, CMSs meant to facilitate and support creating and managing digital content. While, eCommerce systems focused on buyers and sellers and hold integration capabilities to combine various commerce-related modules such as tax, third-party payment, and profile information (from the same vendor or multiple).
Instead of having disparate business units share information digitally, a DXP can become a centralized source for all communications within and outside an organization. Besides, it can help organizations minimize or eliminate silos that exist in data and back-end processes.
It has various components including portals, applications, content management, search and navigation, rich internet application (RIA) tools, workflow personalization, collaboration, analytics, mobile and omnichannel support.
Consider the following example of a Digital Experience Platform:
Cygnet’s Digital Experience Capability in Action
Cygnet developed a powerful end-to-end solution with customized API for major integration with ERP, CRM, and back-end system for businesses with the small-large field force. Our Cygneto Field Sales ordering application brings the company sales force and the management on the same platform, empowering field sales executives to record orders instantly and enabling the management to make decisions (instantly).
In this manner, this modern, unified platform increases efficiency in delivering a digital experience externally and internally.
Here’s another instance that highlights Cygnet’s capability of delivering exceptional digital experience. Cygnet engineers delivered an eCommerce website that could seamlessly work even in offline mode across different browsers and enable printing of receipts and make payment using Verifone terminal. Despite the challenge of creating a website that runs in offline mode with a problem of network consistency, our expert team achieved a breakthrough performance.
Key Tenets of a performance-driven Digital Experience Platform
The primary reason brands use digital experience platforms is to deliver rich and personalized experiences with uniform consistency in their customer engagement initiatives.
The key tenet of DXP is it enables businesses to go two steps further the CMS and WEM systems, allowing them to produce a harmonious digital experience across websites, apps, in-store, at a kiosk, portals, smart devices and more.
Other key transitions made possible by DXP:
- Product to Platform: Previously, multiple different business units required to combine to build a complete product, whereas DXP is an integrated ecosystem that provides ready-to-use capabilities out of the box.
- Information Silos to Unified Experience: DXP empowers businesses to collate customer data and business data in a unified manner to understand the buyer preference, behavior, activities, and sales performance for greater insights helping target the content and campaigns using this information. This is achieved through the seamless integration of all the business systems, analytics, and monitoring components.
- Short-Term To Long-Term Customer Relationships: Leveraging the flexibility of APIs, a DXP aims to go beyond the traditional digital applications. Right from anticipating customer needs, formulating an integrated digital strategy, personalizing the experience, creating a user-centric digital solution and end-to-end content optimization across all customer interactions.
- Fixed to Modular Structure: DXP enables developers to develop a flexible and modular platform for future needs. It offers plug-and-play modules that can be enhanced, extended, or reused based on the requirement.
- Traditional to Agile Approach: Leveraging DevOps practices such as continuous integration and continuous delivery help build an extensible DXP platform while improving time-to-market.
DXP is the Logical Step in Your Digital Transformation
Businesses are tapping into their customer’s lives as granularly as possible to provide them seamless and satisfying digital experience. Consumers expect a smart, intuitive, and an elevated experience in their buying journey.
Thus, Digital experience platforms are gradually replacing basic web content management systems. Regardless of where businesses are heading towards their digital transformation journey, soon they will need to consider implementing DXP to meet their business goals.
Are you ready to kickstart your digital transformation journey? Cygnet’s chief digital strategists can analyze your current application landscape and help define a mature digital strategy that makes DXP happen. Contact experts at Cygnet today on +1-609-245-0971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bhavik is the Team Lead for Cygneto - a unique venture of Cygnet that offers profit-focused apps for Field Sales, eCommerce and Online Stores. In addition to working on Cygneto Apps, he dabbles in presales. When not working, you can find him swimming, playing chess or reading articles on Medium.View All Posts