It is quite difficult to choose a Content Management System (CMS) that fits different business scenarios, which are categorized by multiple customers with varied buying processes. At the same time, it has become mandatory for you to engage with customers on whatever communication medium they have within range, and that too at their convenient time. They also expect their experience to be the best, and they want personalized treatment.
So how do you find out which CMS fits your business strategy? What platforms and features are needed to fulfil your business functionality? And is it possible to foresee what will work and what won't for your business in a targeted time period?
To meet the requirements and opportunities of both the new and current engaged users, enterprise businesses need to find out what their users need from them. You need to figure out when, where and how to assist our customers and prospects. You have to consider what you competitors are focusing on and trying to achieve. To arrive at the correct decision:
A) You need to check that the new system supports your current processes, fits quickly with your ongoing business goals, meets customer requirements and justifies the ROI.
Here’s how to analyze a CMS that fits with your current business growth:
- Have a multi-domain team who knows your current business, technology & processes to judge it
- Create a business case built on your goalmouths and current business strategies
- Get to know your current leads, prospects, customers and their conduct
- Justify the cost of a CMS with the business benefits it will yield in a reasonable time frame
B) In addition to your current business strategies, your long term strategies are equally vital in relation to selecting the CMS. So mapping your required solution with the specific needs of your long term vision is needed.
Here’s how to analyze a CMS that fits your futuristic business strategies:
- Ensure that the CMS is elastic enough for changes for future business growth requirements
- The solution must satisfy your both current and future customers
- System should allow pushing content to advanced marketing channels that you may add in future
- Should support advanced mobile and other development strategies
- The CMS should stand tall with time and need not to be rebuilt every time – should be easy to upgrade, customize and scale
C) Another key aspect to consider before implementing a CMS is Usability for Employees at executive, managerial and decision-making levels and Ease of Management from development and maintenance perspective.
To find a CMS that fits your Organization and Employees:
Decide who will be your decision makers while CMS development, launch and its deployment
- Fix which organizational resources will support the vendor in technology while development and who after deployment
- Select who will be handling the content part during launch and after deployment
- Take views from diverse stakeholder groups and meet core expectations of each
D) It is also important that your CMS should be powerful to get connected with needed current and future business systems and be focused on selecting & integrating the right digital experiences.
What to look for in a CMS that fits your business systems & digital experiences:
- Should be easy to integrate with existing applications and business systems
- Must support digital touchpoints, personalization and enable you to deliver customer experiences
- Support multi-device approaches with both content creation and publishing
- Well managed with tracking and reporting tools to measure user behaviors & digital experiences
One More Thing: Build Consensus between Marketing & IT
Choosing a system can end up being a clash between IT’s technical demands and well-listed ideas of business functionalities from marketing and business development teams. Technical team will definitely focus on finding a platform that fits well with the rest of their systems and team’s skill-sets.
Marketing and business development teams on the other side might look at what the competition is doing and copy their ready success. Get the teams together and try to work out a solution that works for both to ensure user acceptance and smooth functioning.
Are you looking for a right CMS that can fit your both current and future strategies? Cygnet Infotech can work closely with you to help identify and implement an effective content management solution.