Quick Guide to Robotic Process Automation for Businesses
Today’s world demands automation which is widely getting adopted. In the world of automation, if you are still stuck to the processes that are executed manually, not only does this waste your time, resources and money, it also prevents you from investing that time into research, planning and more productive pursuits.
It’s about time business leaders embraced the idea of automation. Instead of engaging your employees in boring and repetitive tasks, automation of such tasks helps employees utilize those hours in other productive tasks. Robotic Process Automation helps in automating manually executed tasks.
What is Robotic Process Automation?
Robotic process automation (RPA) is the use of software with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning capabilities to handle high-volume, repetitive tasks that previously needed humans to perform.
RPA technologies include software bots that can imitate human behavior. These bots log into application, complete the tasks than log out of the application. Basically, RPA technologies are categorized into three parts:
- Probots: They process data using simple repetitive data.
- Knowbots: These bots use the Internet to search information.
- Chatbots: These bots are virtual agents that respond to customers in real time.
RPA is a software; it is not included in company’s infrastructure. It helps the company to implement technology faster with efficiency without changing existing infrastructure. RPA enables the company to implement technology efficiently. Once RPA software is trained to interpret actions and capture images then it can trigger responses, manipulate data and can communicate with other systems.
How is RPA implemented?
Planning: The processes that need to be automated should be identified in this phase. Here are some tips that will help you select correct processes:
- Check whether the process is manual or repetitive.
- Check whether the process is rule based.
- Check whether the data is readable and is in electric format.
- Check whether the existing system can be used without any change.
Here are some points that may help you understand planning phase of RPA briefly.
- Project team should finalize approach and timeline.
- Solution design should be prepared.
- To find issues in an ongoing bots logging mechanism should be identified.
- To scale up RPA implementation, a roadmap should be prepared.
Development: During the development phase, the selected processes are automated according to the plan earlier outlined. As this phase is wizard driven it is implemented faster.
Testing: Testing is carried out for detecting and solving existing or new defects.
Support and Maintenance: This phase helps in immediate detect resolution after going live. It follows certain steps and responsibilities.
What should you look for in a good RPA software?
- Expandable: Selected RPA software should support cross platform development.
- Speed: Organizations should have the ability to design and test new processes in lesser hours using an optimized process.
- Endurance: The robots that are selected by the company should be reliable and company should select an in-built software that can automatically measure the health of the system.
- Simplicity: Products that are to be selected by the organization should be simple so that they can be handled properly by the employees for various tasks such as collecting data and transferring the information in addition to other mundane tasks.
- Sagacity: The organization should select the best RPA tools that support simple tasks such as read and write to any data source. These tools should take advantage of advanced learning for improvising automation techniques.
Tips For Effective Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Manage expectations well: In RPA you need to plan meticulously, being realistic can lead enterprises towards greater success.
- Positive customer experience: Enterprises are having several customer agents to help even though customers have to wait in queue for their turn, so instead of agents if we have a chatbots they will be time and cost effective.
- Involve IT often: Involving IT at early stage is very important to ensure that required resources are available.
- Poor Design: Various implementations fail due to poor design and management. It’s very important to map various bots that are working together for expected output.
- Structure RPA excellence center: This center includes employees with an excellent skill-set responsible for running an efficient program within the organization, including technically skilled staff who look after the actual RPA implementation.
Benefits of RPA
- Several processes can be easily automated together.
- It is cost effective as repetitive tasks are managed by RPA saving productive time.
- Non-technical personnel can also automate the process by recording the steps, as technical skills are not necessary for automation.
- Automation process can be deployed swiftly using robotic software.
- Defects are tracked for each spring and test case.
- It is effective, reliable and offers significant return on investment.
Robotic Process Automation allows enterprises to automate an array of processes without human intervention. The main aim of RPA is to replace boring repetitive tasks with a virtual office saving our time and resource. It also boosts productivity as the robot works with 100% efficiency.
“A Global Market Insights Inc. report expects the RPA market to reach $5 billion by 2024.”
Organizations are adopting RPA rapidly to strengthen their capabilities and increase their cost savings. RPA is growing faster in the market with the time. If you are on the lookout for an automation partner, get in touch with experts at Cygnet on +1-609-245-0971 or email@example.com.
Vishakha Bhagia serves as a content writer for Cygnet Infotech. She is an engineer who loves to lend her voice to making technology easier to understand. She uses the best of her experience in sales and engineering to make her write-ups thorough, convincing and simple. She spends her free time exploring places, learning new skills and reading fiction.View All Posts