Our client, an established US-based telecom giant, merged or acquired similar firms across EU, UK, Japan and Australia. The client wanted to sell and receive payments for various services online – without reliance on offline support. Cygnet implemented 11 regional ecommerce websites and enabled the client to get 300% more online signups for online communication service products.
Customer Size: Large Enterprise
Solution: Magnolia CMS, HTML, CSS, Java & Grails
A leading communication and internet service provider, headquartered in USA with global presence in 49 countries across six continents. The company mainly operates in two divisions – Business Cloud Services and Digital Media which offer an array of unified-messaging and communications services, including faxing and voicemail solutions, web-initiated conference calling, storage messaging services, online backup, and virtual office solutions.
Our client was facing the challenge of serving customers of different regions through a single website – fixed architecture, support for only English language, inability to handle increased load of visitors.
This resulted in a decrease in the overall signups for online communication services from the website. Working with a single website threw also up some critical issues
- Difficulty of managing workflows and customer profiles from different regions
- Performance issues and inconsistencies in services and sign-up process
- Increased website load time and reduced performance
All this led to increased need of human intervention in the process, which in turn drove up the cost of customer acquisition.
Cygnet analyzed the requirements and adopted a discovery approach that would help us set up 11 feature-rich ecommerce websites rapidly. Considering the need to make frequent updates in websites along with support for different languages, Cygnet identified Magnolia CMS as the right fit due to its easy adaptability features, online collaboration support and multilingual capabilities.
- Slashed time and cost of developing 11 ecommerce websites by deploying Magnolia CMS on client’s server
- Simplified measurement & reporting of digital marketing campaigns by integrating tracking codes
- Enabled retargeting abandoned carts by automated user sign-up process across websites
- Reduced average loading time by implementing W3C standard in all websites
- 300% Increased online signups for telecom services, driving up sales
- Cost of customer acquisition reduced by 47%
- Automation of signups leading to lesser need of human intervention
- Better customer services for a larger customer base