Customer Size: Mid-size Organization
Client is a renowned Health IT organization based in the US delivering innovative technology solutions for health data monetization and value creation with specialization in clinical trials. They have a strong team of 120 employees and an expert healthcare advisory board developing various first-to-market products and solutions. Their products have been revolutionizing the Healthcare industry since 2003 for which their CEO has won several awards and possesses a stellar track record when it comes to innovation.
Client required a solution to automate complex and tedious manual process of Patient Enrollment and site selection for various Clinical Trials. Their profound understanding in the Clinical Trials space allowed them to identify an issue related to inaccurate and insecure patient screening procedure. The manual procedure deprived medical researchers from identifying the Exact Match for Clinical Trials. Owing to satisfactory experience of getting a HIPAA compliant EMR solution from Cygnet in the past, they approached Cygnet for:
- Developing an algorithm which can extract accurate data from stringent inclusion and exclusion protocols and their criteria
- Developing a solution which is compliant with various healthcare privacy laws, governance and regulatory laws without restricting the flow of the patient information
- Solution with near real-time analytics capabilities helping the client meet their enrollment timelines
Cygnet developed a market-ready product with a full proof, HIPPA compliant algorithm and provided a secure Patient Health Data processing flow compatible wth HL7 messaging standards.
A data architecture enabling exact match in patient enrollment procedure for clinical trials with ability to fetch real-time data and near realt-time data processing and analytical capabilities was developed using following Microsoft SQL server capabilities:
- An encrypted outbound-only HL7 interface setup for a secure real-time transfer of patient information
- Extracted data sent sent to identified ( only accessible by the end customer) and de-identified servers
- The imported data converted into a file and then matched
- Once processed, the data is displayed as final results where patients are ranked graphically to provide quick and user-friendly visual format for selection
To learn how this 'match-making' algorithm was developed to process the the most 'eligible' patients, download the PDF
Thank You. We appreciate your interest.
We will be in contact shortly