Customer Size: Large Organization
Solution: SQL Server and MSBI (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), ASP.NET, C#, Web GUI, MDX queries
UK based ISV with profound expertise in Traffic and Public Transportation domain, catering hardware and software solutions to government bodies and private transport operators. Rigorously rendering real-time solutions befitting the demands of various counties of UK and Australia.
The client required a BI solution that enables real-time information tracking to abstract best practices for an ideal public bus transport fleet management leading to satisfactory public transport service for the commuters. Enhanced technology architecture and advanced analytical solutions were required that can cater single platform for both, local government authorities and private transport operators.
Considering the above situation, client asked for a BI consultancy and development services to design a solution that:
- Acts as an ideal solution for frequent and non-frequent service operators as well as traffic commissioners
- Aids traffic commissioners in deciding the ideal number of service in the common corridor
- Helping both the operators and local authorities taking decision regarding the penalties due to early or delayed departure affecting the EWT of the commuters
- Enables the operators to inform and justify the abnormal hazards in the service avoiding penalties
Cygnet offered an end-to-end Business Intelligence (BI) solution acting as an integral part of the BI strategy by participating in Business Intelligence Competency Centre (BICC). In the implementation phase, Cygnet developed and maintained a solution that caters standard and self-service BI analytics.
Strategy Phase- Cygnet as BI consultant:
The BICC with participants such as experts of the Transport Act along with Cygnet as a technology partner was formed with an agenda to excerpt best practices for an ideal Fleet Management by resolving following problems:
- Problem of tracking early and delayed frequent and non-frequent operator services
- Identification of ideal number of service required on the common corridor
- Dealing with Abnormal Hazards
- Platform for Collection and display of real-time information
- Dealing with complex data base
- Enable self-service BI
- Reports highlighting the early and delayed frequent and non-frequent bus services
- Standard reports of abnormal hazards used to alert the local authorities justifying delay or cancellation of service
- Enable authorities to process and analyze the data with Self-Service BI reports
To explore the implementation phase and Cygnet’s role as Bi enabler, Download the PDF:
Thank You. We appreciate your interest.
We will be in contact shortly