Cygnet developed a centralized content management and collaboration solution on SharePoint for a Sweden-based media broadcaster company to improve information systems, resource sharing and collaboration among employees.
Customer Size: Large
Solution: Microsoft SharePoint, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2005, Source Safe
Our client is a leading Sweden based media broadcaster.
A leading media broadcaster in Sweden wanted a unified, global yet local system that could improve information systems, resource sharing and collaboration among employees. The client wanted the information to flow smoothly among its locations worldwide across multiple systems that had grown organically over time.
The key requirements were:
- Information Sharing over a secure platform
- Custom news story publishing page
- User, company and office management
- Customized branding for consistent look and feel
- Real time video streaming
- Employee search for locating user by country, company, office, department
- Active Directory integration for groups
The client approached Cygnet Infotech to help them choose and implement an easy to manage content management system that modernizes the way the information is shared among the employees.
The team at Cygnet developed a SharePoint solution that provides the ability to compile and coordinate in realtime with Active Directory-based integration.
Additionally, the solution provides Staff directory search for locating user by country, company, office, departments across the various locations.
The end result is a collaborative environment that aids as a single platform for providing collaboration and information sharing based on Microsoft Office SharePoint.
The key features developed in the system are:
- Centralized content management and collaboration solution that offers location wise websites for localized information sharing.
- Intuitive content management interface that easily allows content writers to generate and post web content using the new interface
- The site allows the users to post country specific news and employee benefit schemes and competitions valid for employees belonging to a specific location
- The system implements version control and content is posted real time so that employees are instantly aware of breaking news at the company or the latest event occurring in the organization
- The site provides real time video streaming
- The text editor directly publishes locations localized content directly into the intranet front page without requiring manual intervention
- The site automatically detects the user location and redirects the user to the country specific location website where they can view both the local news as well as news related to other locations and headquarters
- Intuitive search facility allows the employees to search for their colleagues using this collaboration and networking tool for working together more effectively thus promoting innovative thinking
- The employees can add their comments to the articles thus initiating communications that engage more of the employees
- System allows the users to define security rights to SharePoint sites, libraries. Right assignment varies from single user, groups and Permissions levels range from read-only to full control
- Enhanced Collaboration allowing dispersed employees
- Automatic archival of content
- Exhaustive Search for quicker results
- Active Directory implementation lead to simplified IT management and less time spent on managing security and user access
- Minimal training due to SharePoint's familiar Microsoft Office 2007 interface
- The centralized content management system facilitates faster content publishing and modernizes the ways that employee's use and share information