Customer Size: Mid-size Healthcare Facility
Solution: PHP, MySQL
The Client is an acclaimed Orthodontist medical practitioner and Pediatric Dentistry service provider with a trained staff of 18 people across two well-established clinics based in the US. To cater up to 4500 patients annually with an average practice run of 18-26 months, the practitioner has a setup of high-tech clinical equipments and an infrastructure with 10 chairs in each clinic.
The client required a uniquely designed Practice Management Software (PMS) that could suffice the need of a growing orthodontic practice. To attain more productive and profitable practice, the client looked out for a dynamic solution with seamless connectivity and extensive tracking of the long-running practice. Keeping the orthodontic medical practice in focus, client asked Cygnet to design a solution with
- Interactive Appointment Management with role-based functionalities to practitioner, personnel, patients and parents
- Centralized People Management system
- Simultaneous and real-time treatment tracking of patients
- Specialty based features like Tooth Chart, Practice Metrics, and extended Widget Library
- System with comprehensive image tools based on Bolton Standards
- Progress tracking of patients via smile image comparison
- Automated Patient Reminder System
Cygnet offered a cloud-based Practice Management Software on web front along with an integrated mobile application to provide all-time access from smartphones, tablets and computer systems. The HIPAA compliant solution was able to digitize the practice by defining following practice modules and various process automation:
- Seamless Practice Connect with an interactive Mobile App integrated with web application to provide instant access to appointments, images and related patient information to practitioner, patients and personnel with extensive features like automated patient reminder, personalized appointment notifications, and patient referral system.
- Specialty Focus with functionalites like Tooth Chart for periodic record keeping of tooth conditions and patient ledger to track patient’s progress across different phases of the treatment.
- Visuals and Animations integrated across different modules and platforms to provide improved compliance via surgical education videos with video personalizing tools to customize video and audio based on individua patient’s requirement.
- Practice Dashboard with role-based access to different users to get centralized flow of patient information and additional features like appointment tracker to view pending and scheduled appointments along with integrated tooth chart, patient ledger and image library.
- Real-time Patient Tracker to stay updated about the whereabouts of the patients with GPS tracking from the mobile application right from sign-in to checkout. The module was incorporated with features like sending automated greeting message when patient enter’s the clinic’s premise and a notification to the front desk attendant and practitioner. Also, practitioner had an authority to prioritize treatments and get estimated time of the treatment to maximize the productivity.
- Comprehensive Imaging System to store and present images of the patient in the chart flow presentation technique. The system was integrated with different modules like practice dashboard and practice connect to provide direct access to practitioner and patients of the progress along with advanced editing tools to get a quick review of timepoint morphing, ceph tracing, and analysis based on the Bolton Standards. Also, it provided an extended feature to integrate digital X-Ray and superimpose X-Rays from different sessions.
- People Management System to track centralized and secure data of the employees like personal family information, emergency contacts, hire date, compensation, and more along with extended features like single-click access to vacations and sick leaves of individual employee.
To make the solution more scalable, following third party tools and software integrations were made:
- For Comprehensive Imaging System, integration with InVivoDental and TxSTUDIO was made with single click redirection to the software
- Establishing compliance with TWAIN API to regulate communication between image scanners and digital cameras
- OrthoCAD integration to provide access to practitioner of their products and services to address wide range of clinical situations for orthodontics
- Integration with Surescripts to support e-prescriptions
- Integration with Change Healthcare to give authority to create superbillls
Benefits to the Client:
- Cloud-based PMS for a cost effective solution
- Practice mobility with robust mobile application and cloud access
- Extended treatment tracking
- Improved and transparent patient communication
- Single-click access to the patient information
- Integration of essential patient information in one dynamic dashboard
- Extended Orthodontic widget library
- Showcasing practice efficiency with an introduction video in the mobile application
- Possibility to increase patient base with patient referral system
- One stop solution for all the Orthodontic practice requirements
- Organized people management
- All time access to patient information to different users
- Simultaneous access to patient information
Thank You. We appreciate your interest.
We will be in contact shortly