Cygnet team developed an integrated and collaborative healthcare portal for the National Health Authority of a Middle East country that provides 24/7 access to public health services and improves quality of life of the residents by bringing common public and healthcare professionals together.
Customer Size: Large Organization
Solution: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
The client is a National Healthcare Authority operating in one of the Middle East countries since 2007 with an aim to
With an aim to ensure access to health services, maintain and improve the health status of nationals, residents and visitors, the national health authority of a Middle East country wanted to develop a collaborative public healthcare information system that can be accessed by
Since Cygnet had expertise in content management domain and experience of working with healthcare enterprises, the client appointed Cygnet to develop the portal with
- A bi-lingual platform (English and Arabic) for collaboration and information sharing among local healthcare professionals, institutes and
sub siteson CMS to manage the wide variety of healthcare services and listings
- A centralized repository for storing all the information about hospitals, treatments, medicines and patient data
- Facility to purchase
health relateditems and equipments
- A hassle-free environment for its users to access facilities like License Renewal, Online Payments etc.
- All this led to
increasedneed ofhuman intervention in the process, which in turn drove up the cost of customer acquisition.
After a detailed analysis of the client requirements, Cygnet team executed the project of developing the said solution with the required features, by implementing the following steps:
- Developed a centralized collaboration platform on Microsoft SharePoint for public and employees to access healthcare related information such as hospitals, news, services, jobs, events, and many more.
- Customized the back-end to create multiple sub-sites with CMS for storing, updating and maintaining hospital information, employee information, information about new jobs and other information about healthcare facilities within the vicinity of the users.
- Developed a shopping cart and integrated it with the portal along with a payment gateway to help the residents and
generalpublic to browse and purchase items listed on the site
- Integrated English and Arabic languages with the CMS to enable users to access the information, publish articles, post jobs, etc. in the language of their choice
- Integrated Google map to help users locate
healthcarefacilities easily and efficiently. Implementedenterprise search facility on the portal to search for recent events, health tips, videos and other content on the site
- Easy and convenient access to
healthcareservices, news and events
- 24/7 availability of information related to hospitals, facilities, treatments and doctors
- Enhanced collaboration among professionals, facility operators, patients and
- Improved quality of life of common public