Our client, a large media organization, found great traction in the marketing with a pop-culture website. Cygnet helped redesign & revamp the site for better user engagement and implemented AWS cloud infrastructure to deliver optimized user experiences across the globe.
- CMS: WordPress
- Language: PHP, Ajax, jQuery
- Database: MySQL, MongoDB
- Platform: Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS
- AWS Services: EC2, CloudFront, ELB, RDS, Elastic Cache, VPN, SNS, SES, S3 and more
Our client is a well-known business group in USA, and has recently ventured into news and media industry. The company has launched many websites, targeting various segments of the market. One of them is a highly popular entertainment-based portal that music fans from all over the world to interact with each other.
Our client’s pop-culture website turned out to be a huge hit, and with this came problems peculiar to websites that grow rapidly. After the initial boost, the website began losing visitor engagement owing to the combination of the following factors:
- Slow loading problems in the face of large number of visitors from across the globe.
- No support for smartphones and tablets, when 50% traffic to the website was from mobile devices.
- Large amount of content placed in a complex navigational structure, discouraging users from exploring and spending more time on the website.
- Difficulty of managing & maintaining large quantity of content – technical dependence for these activities created a bottleneck and slowed down the process of updates.
Our aim was to simplify maintenance of the website, while serving engaging experiences to the visitors. Our team analyzed the client’s website, studied other popular portals in the entertainment business, and paved the way for:
- Speedy loading and optimized website performance by hosting the website on AWS cloud architecture.
- Engaged and satisfied visitors accessing the website from mobile devices by implementing a full-featured mobile website.
- Simplified and speeded up maintenance of content by migrating to WordPress – Migrated the entire data including thousands of posts, slideshows, tournament information and more, from old structure to the new website, within a very short span of time, without impacting existing website.
- Expanded the visitor base of the website through a sleek and modern design that encourages users to explore and spend more time on the website.
- Simplified management of varied user generated data through implementation of MongoDB.
- Retained and increased mobile traffic through responsive design supporting all mobile devices.
- Avoided any disruption by delivering new website and cloud infrastructure within a very short span.
- Gained new visitors and increased popularity through better design and information architecture revamp.
- Optimized experience to any scale of visitors through dynamic load handling during peak hours.