Migrated system and custom solutions from MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 to MS Dynamics CRM 2011 Online for one of the leading pricing, risk management and accounting solutions provider.
Solution: Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK
The client was looking to migrate his systems and custom solutions from existing Dynamics CRM 4.0 to MS Dynamics CRM 2011 online in order to avail its advanced features and functionality and manage the data and information anytime on the go. Being an experienced CRM consultant, Cygnet came forward to accomplish client's demand within the required timeframe and migrated his complete solutions, systems and database into Dynamics CRM 2011 Online maintaining fundamental security, user rights and functions.
To facilitate easy migration and obtain a timely result, Cygnet's CRM team divided the process into 2 phases as mentioned below:
Reconstructed and imported the approximately 50,000 records and custom solutions from Dynamics CRM 4.0 (On-Premise) to Dynamics CRM 2011 (On- Premise) using Database Upgrade. The objective behind this was to engender smooth transformation and avoid data discrepancies and data corruption.
The data and system that were imported to Dynamics CRM 2011(On-Premise) in the first phase were then migrated to Dynamics CRM 2011(Online) using a custom counter tool developed on CRM SDK.
To accomplish these two phases, the team confronted several challenges which were resolved by the team following the below mentioned course-of-action:
- Identified the relationship and type of relationship between entities in order to map the database appropriately
- Developed Fields in the entity to identify each record uniquely
- Defined the order in which the records were to be imported to CRM 2011 Online
- Eliminated several User-fields from the system since all the users were not present in CRM 2011 as on CRM 4.0 On-Premise
- Imported data for marketing list in order to maintain N:N relationship between entities
- Did server side coding to reduce data corruption during migration process
Migrating to Dynamics CRM 2011 gave a cost effective data management as the client had to only pay for Per User License instead of investing his Hardware infrastructure from 32 bit to 64 bit since generally CRM 2011 needs 64 bit environment + CRM 2011 Server license + CAL License. Other benefits accruing to the client after migrating to Dynamics CRM 2011 are
- Access to CRM data from anywhere online
- Elimination of server equipment and maintenance costs
- The Business Intelligence functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 helps client in monitoring business performance, identify trends and uncover new insights
- Dynamics CRM 2011 delivers a consistent, familiar navigation and user experience
- Advanced User Personalization allows to configure workplaces and define roles and information. This helps the client in creating a personalized dashboard by combining the personalized features with the new dashboard
- CRM 2011 helps in easy configuration of solutions
- The client is also getting benefits of customizing and sharing solutions outside the organization after migrating to Dynamics CRM 2011
Cygnet, by migrating client's solution from MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 to MS Dynamics CRM 2011 has rendered better data management and information tracking process which has resulted in enhancing his overall business operations.