Solution: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft Framework 3.5 Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows Azure Services 184.108.40.206, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Queue, Azure Table, Cloudberry Explorer, Windows Azure Management, ORM: Subsonic 2.0.3, Microsoft Enterprise Library 220.127.116.11, Facebook Social Network Plug-in, Google Map, Google Analytics, SQL Azure
The client wanted to set up a secure, localized event database that could deliver search results in less than 2 seconds irrespective of the size of the database. This multilingual system was required to be dynamic so that the system could automatically scale up/scale down based on the load.
The requirements brief comprised of:
- Search engine that had simple design and fast retrieval rate (as low as 2 seconds even with High volume of user request for search events and High Volume of Event in the system around 1 Billion every year)
- Spatial search and IP address based search
- Simplified view/features for the end users.
- Management of Complete Organization Engagement workflow
- Facility for staff to suggest the organization
- Easy organization and event registration
- Exhaustive reporting module for the site manager
To match the specifications provided by the client we selected Windows Azure platform (for its auto scalability feature) to design this scalable events based search engine.
The search engine comprised to following major modules:
- The Intuitive Backend for easy organization and event registrations
- Event managers dashboard
- The simple and fast search engine
The system has been designed with a revenue model. Based on advertising and marketing campaigns, this search engine provides a platform for the event promoters and marketing managers to list and manage their own events.
Our designers created complex search algorithms that could deliver search results within 2 seconds irrespective of the database size. The search engines used spatial search and IP address-based search that could filter and automatically return relevant search results based on the visitor location.
This multilingual events guide provided wizard driven screens to register organizations and their events. Additionally, the screen offered suggestive comments ensuring that the organizations could reuse earlier event registration details to register their events faster. Besides self-registration facility the system allowed the event managers that facility to hire their party to populate the search engines.
Workflow based registration process ensured that the registrations underwent thorough check and confirmation before final publishing.
Developers at Cygnet designed utilities such as PDF to Image convertor allowing the event managers to just upload event information as PDF's and the system automatically converts them to images making the system extremely user friendly.
Additionally, schedulers and batch processes were designed to ensure that backend static processes were completed with least manual intervention reducing the resource utilization. The system constantly ensured that only active (present and future) events were listed in the search results and database was constantly updated.
- Up-to-date event database leads to faster and relevant search results
- Spatial search, IP address based search ensures users can easily locate events near their locations.
- Organizations can use third party services to create and manage their events.